Thursday, October 4, 2012

Crocodile on the Sandbank by, Elizabeth Peters narrated by, Barbara Rosenblat


Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody #1) by, Elizabeth Peters narrated by, Barbara Rosenblat


Oh we've come a long way baby!

Some of the sexist things that came out of Emerson’s mouth:

A woman with an inquiring mind is there such a thing!

Think, Peabody; if you have ever used your brain now is the time.”

“Speak, then. That is the trouble with women, even the best of them.” Emerson added. “They will indulge in vain cries of ‘if only’ and ‘had I known.’

Even though Emerson is at times an arrogant prig I couldn’t help giggling at some of the things he said and Amelia’s reaction to them. Also some of the times she really got him good like when his pocket was smoking too funny. I enjoyed this cute cozy, Amelia Peabody is so much fun and the ending cracked me up!

I read this for bookclub because we wanted something a little lighter this month and this one fit the bill perfectly, I think the discussion will come from the first line of this review, just how far women have come, and that showed in the mystery too I don’t think that exact same story could have been set in current times. Plus you get archeology and Egyptology; mummy’s and murders, this along with Amelia wit, Emerson’s gruffness makes the perfect combination for this fun cozy. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this series!


Barbara Rosenblat narrates this so perfectly, I have listened to her narrate all the Diana Mott Davidson books so who knew she could slip into this somewhat haughty English accent with such ease. What makes it even better is now I have no idea which accent is her “real” accent is she a Brit that can do a great American accent or is she an American who can superbly do a British accent? This just cements her spot on my favorite narrators list.

4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment