Monday, March 12, 2018

Armchair Audies review: The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora by Pablo Cartaya narrated by the author


The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora by Pablo Cartaya narrated by the author
Published by Listening Library



I liked this family and understood their fight against gentrification and to keep their neighborhood what it had been. Abuela's restaurant was a place I really wanted to go I wanted to visit the restaurant and get to know the Zamora family. This kind of had the same feel as One Crazy Summer I know I don’t usually like comparing books but there is this family feel that was similar to me. The bad guy in this book will make you so mad he’s kind of a mustache twirling kind of guy and I loved that this family and came together to try to save their neighborhood from him.




The narration by the author was good especially for an author (sorry but the majority of authors shouldn’t narrate) However this author does a good job he has some good voices and accents. And did a good job at conveying the emotions of Arturo.








Bonus recipes at the end to try with your kids!


3 ½ stars

No comments:

Post a Comment