Monday, February 8, 2016

Audie Predictions 2016

Audie Predictions 2016

As the Audie Nominations are to be announced tomorrow, I thought I’d put together some predictions as I did I realized I didn’t listen to many new releases this past year, I listened to some great books but none qualified for this years Audies. So here are the ones that I have listened to.


I may switch it up this year and pick a category I’ve never done before, I will let you know after the nominees are announced!

Don't forget to follow  #Audies2016 tomorrow and #armchairaudies2016

Non-Fiction


Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson narrated by, Scott Brick
Scott Brick’s narration was of course wonderful, I thought his male and female voices were well done and he really brought this story to life.







Mystery

Lacy Eye by Jessica Treadway narrated by, Ellen Archer
Ellen Archer’s narration was very well done I thought the tones and sarcasm she gave Iris were perfect and also her narration of Dawn showed us that she really never grew up and seemed stunted as a child/teen. And with Hanna so much of the book is inside her head and I liked that I could tell when she was speaking to someone or just remembering things. I would definitely listen to this narrator again.


The Stranger by, Harlan Coben narrated by, George Newbern
George Newbern is a new to me narrator and I thought he did a very good job especially in the final scenes he captured the moment perfectly. I would definitely listen to this narrator again.








The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins narrated by, Clare Corbett Louise Brealey and India Fisher
The three audiobook narrators Clare Corbett, Louise Brealey and India Fisher all did such a fantastic job they truly brought these women to life and endowed each with such emotion. These were all new to me narrators and I will definitely be looking for other books any of these women have narrated!





Thriller

Every Fifteen Minutes by Lisa Scottoline narrated by, George Newbern
George Newbern has got a new fan in me this is the second book in just a month or so I have listened to that he has narrated and I really like his narrating style. He will be a go to for books if he is narrating I will pick the audio version.





The Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon narrated by, Cassandra Campbell
Cassandra Campbell’s narration was spot on as always, I liked how you could tell it was teen Piper & Margot speaking and when they were adults also a good job at the older Rose, also the narration of Amy’s daughter Lou was very well done. I waited for the audio version of this one and Cassandra didn’t let me down!





Fiction

The Truth According to Us: A Novel By Annie Barrows Narrated By Ann Marie Lee, Tara Sands, Julia Whelan **This one may end up being in Multi-Voice too**
Read by Ann Marie Lee, Tara Sands, and Julia Whelan, with additional readings by Cassandra Campbell, Danny Campbell, Mark Deakins, Kimberly Farr, Kirby Heyborne, Lincoln Hoppe, Paul Michael, Linda Montana, and Arthur Morey. The narration was very well done with the main narrators being Ann Marie Lee and Tara Sands who both did a fantastic job at bringing this book to life. The other narrators read letters and histories which I found interesting and thought it added credence to the letters.


A Touch of Stardust by, Kate Alcott narrated by, Cassandra Campbell
Cassandra Campbell’s narration was as always fabulous, I like how she made Clark gruff but didn’t try to imitate his voice, every character had their own cadence and tone and you were never left guessing as to who was talking.




The Flying Circus by Susan Crandall narrated by, Jacques Roy
Narrator Jacques Roy is a new to me narrator however I am now a fan, I thought he did a great job with male, female, different accents and general storytelling. I would definitely listen to another book narrated by him.







Fantasy

A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic #1) by V.E. Schwab narrated by, Steven Crossley
Steven Crossley’s narration was fabulous, every accent was superb and his male and female voices were so well done I think he enhanced this book which is really saying something. I will listen to him again in a heartbeat and just from this one book has gone on my favorite narrators list.






Some I have not listened to but think they will be nominated:

The Kind Worth Killing By Peter Swanson Narrated By Johnny Heller, Karen White, Kathleen Early, Keith Szarabajka

Career of Evil By Robert Galbraith Narrated By Robert Glenister

The Girl in the Spider's Web: A Lisbeth Salander Novel - Millennium Series, Book 4 By David Lagercrantz Narrated By Simon Vance

Go Set a Watchman: A Novel By Harper Lee Narrated By Reese Witherspoon

The Paris Key By Juliet Blackwell Narrated By Xe Sands

No comments:

Post a Comment