Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My Audie Nomination Predictions 2015

My Audie nomination predictions 2015:

I have never gotten any predictions correct but I truly think there are a couple that I predicted that will be correct on this year. I have only added books that I have listened to (with the exception of audiobook of the year explanation to follow) and only in the categories I have listened to. Also as I said in my year-end post I did not listen to near enough male narrators this year, and the ones I did listen to were older titles.


I will start out with the categories that I usually judge for the Armchair Audies (Solo Female & Mystery/Thriller)

Solo Female Narration:

Dollbaby by, Laura Lane McNeal narrated by, January LaVoy

What She Left Behind by, Ellen Marie Wiseman narrated by, Tavia Gilbert

Everything I Never Told You by, Celeste Ng narrated by, Cassandra Campbell (or Literary Fiction)

Written in my Own Hearts Blood by, Diana Gabaldon narrated by, Davina Porter (or Romance)

The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by, Nadia Hashimi Narrated by, Gin Hammond (Not sure if this could be in a different category or not)

Mystery/Thriller: I read a lot of older mysteries this year so I am looking forward to listening to this category for the Armchair Audies

Missing you by, Harlan Coben narrated by, January LaVoy

The Burning Room by, Michael Connelly narrated by, Titus Welliver

Multi-Voiced:

Euphoria by, Lily King narrated by, Xe Sands & Simon Vance (or Literary Fiction)

The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon narrated by, Cassandra Campbell and Kathe Mazur

 Teen:

Wild Rover No More: Being the Last Recorded Account of the Life & Times of Jacky Faber by L.A. Meyer narrated by, Katherine Kellgren

Biography/Non-Fiction:

As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride By Cary Elwes, Joe Layden, Rob Reiner (foreword) Narrated By Cary Elwes, Christopher Guest, Carol Kane, Norman Lear, Rob Reiner, Wallace Shawn, Robin Wright, Billy Crystal

Audiobook of the Year:
This is based solely on the past couple years winners and nominations I have not listened to this book but am guessing it will at least be nominated since Audiobook of the Year for past few years is just best celebrity book/narration.

Yes Please by, Amy Poehler Narrated By, Amy Poehler, Carol Burnett, Seth Meyers, Mike Schur, Eileen Poehler, William Poehler, Patrick Stewart, Kathleen Turner

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I loved doing The Winter People. And there were times when I was prepping it that I got so scared I had to stop reading. Your other choices are great. Such wonderful narrators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful and I am sorry it didn't get nominated but it is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete