Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James narrated by, Pamela Garelick


The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James narrated by, Pamela Garelick
Full disclosure: I received this audiobook from the Audiobookjukebox and Blackstone Audio for a fair and honest review.
Unabridged- 10 Hours


My Review:

This is a straight up ghost story, with gothic undertones.

Sarah Piper gets a job through a temp agency working for a ghost hunter; Sarah is broke so she takes the job even though she’s not sure what kind of oddities she will run into. Soon Sarah is flung into a situation that was not covered on her resume; she ends up being the only person that can actually see the ghost of Maddy Clare not just feel her presence as others have said they do, but Maddy not only allows Sarah to see her she also gives her visions of what happened her and why she hates men and is seeking revenge. Once I knew Maddy’s story I was all for rooting for the ghost!

Of course, there had to be a romance angle, which I didn’t think added much to the book, maybe that’s because I wasn’t too impressed with Matthew and thought he was kind of a jerk. I wish this storyline hadn’t even been in there.

Even though what happened to Maddy is pretty easy to figure out and who the culprits were was pretty plain, I still liked this story because Maddy had some serious ghost skills, she could make people believe they were walking in her shoes, or send someone inside their minds to fight with their own demons, she could kill and maim, and burn stuff down she is pretty bad ass.

Pamela Garelick was a new to me narrator and I thought she did a good job, there was distinct differences in each character so you always knew who was talking. She has a husky English accent that I enjoyed listening to and I would look for other books she narrated.

If you enjoy a good ghost story I would give this book a try!

3 ½ stars

No comments:

Post a Comment