Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mini Review~Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café by Fannie Flagg, narrated by, Lorna Raver


Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café by Fannie Flagg, narrated by, Lorna Raver

This book has everything I as a southern fiction reader love, quirky characters, a little mystery and strong women. I have seen this movie many times but had never read the book and thought it was about time I remedied that with the audio version narrated by the always wonderful Lorna Raver.

I liked these characters so much, the true friendships were fabulous the way they all come together to protect their own, it made me want to live in Whistle Stop. I liked the back & forth in time through the storytelling. I wish Mrs. Threadgood had lived to see Evelyn’s transformation that she had so much to do with, I enjoyed this storyline of the empty nester trying to figure out who she is and loved her “coming of age” story. Of course Idgie is a great character a woman born way before her time and her relationship with Ruth is so special and I like how it is up to the reader if they are a lesbian couple or just good friends. Every character in this book brings something to the table and it is a book that stays with you.

As I said I listened to this on audio narrated by Lorna Raver who is always a perfect choice in southern fiction!

There are so many reviews of this book that I will leave you with if you like southern fiction this book is a must read!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment