Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by, Seth Grahame-Smith narrated by, Scott Holst



This is my first in the new to me narrators challenge. I was very impressed with Scott Holst and will look for more narrated by him.
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by, Seth Grahame-Smith narrated by, Scott Holst

 My Review:


I enjoyed this book so much more than I had expected to! It read like a real biography and I found myself believing every word. I am having a hard time writing this review because the book feels like fact but is so much fiction, and that’s what makes this a great book just enough real historical facts to make it believable.

Yes, there are gory moments but really no more than any other vampire book so those never distracted me from the story. The character other than Abe I liked best was Henry Sturgis and I liked his back story it is interesting though how easily the Roanoke Colony can be and has been used in vampire lore. It is funny how the Abe Lincoln you know blends so well with the vampire hunter of this book. I can’t wait to see the movie now and really hope they do a good job on it!

Scott Holst’s narration was just wonderful Abe’s Midwestern accent with just the barest touch of twang from his roots was spot on! I will definitely be finding more from this new to me narrator.

If you can’t already tell I highly recommend this book, and I honestly didn’t think I would. If you like vampires, Historical Fiction, Biographies and/or mash-ups pick this book up I think you will be as pleasantly surprised as I was!

4 ½ Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment