Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Tudors TV Series




The Tudors TV Series




I really enjoyed this series but it is not for the young the sex scenes are extremely graphic and there are some scenes that are just there for the shock value and in my opinion were not needed at all (the scene where Henry umm takes care of himself). I was also disappointed that it ended where it did it should have just been called Henry the VIII. I wanted more I think the young lady (Sarah Bolger) who played Mary Tudor future Queen Mary has the acting chops to pull off the role very well. It could have ended when Queen Elizabeth took over because there are 100’s of movies out there about her but very few about Mary so I would have liked it if it had gone through Mary’s reign.


I liked all the actors in this show Jonathan Rhys Meyers kind of came into his own or just grew on me as the series progressed and of course you just can’t go wrong with Henry Cavill. I thought this series was very well done and I kept hopping over to Wikipedia to see what really happened was surprised at how well they actually stuck to true history considering it was a tv show.


I highly recommend this series to Tudor fans and it made me want to go back and re-read some Allison Weir or finally read some Jean Plaidy or Antonia Fraser.

Do you have any favorite Tudor books?

No comments:

Post a Comment