Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Good Girl by Mary Kubica Narrated By Lindy Nettleton, Johnny Heller, Tom Taylorson, Andi Arndt


The Good Girl by Mary Kubica Narrated By Lindy Nettleton, Johnny Heller, Tom Taylorson, Andi Arndt

I liked this story, it wasn’t quite what I expected but that’s a good thing in this case, it was different, not a fast moving thriller like most books I read, however even though it wasn’t fast paced I still didn’t want to put it down. And I did not expect the reveal at the end that came as a total surprise! So, great job!

The way this went back and forth in time from before and after was well done, I could really feel for Mia’s mother Eve and I liked the gruff cop with a heart of gold, Mia’s father the bigtime judge is a whole ‘nother story, ugh what a jerk, the way he treats everyone is deplorable I hope he got his in the end! Eve was probably my favorite character she may not have seemed like the best mother in the world to Mia but she loved her children, and had been beaten down by verbal abuse for so long no wonder she felt invisible. There were times this was kind of Eve’s coming of age story along with the kidnapping story.

I absolutely loved the narration of this book I thought it was very well done, everyone’s accents were great and when they had to narrate the other person/narrators conversations it meshed very well! Highly recommend this book on audio for the fabulous narration!

This was my first book by this author but it won’t be my last I will be picking up her new book!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment