Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Armchair Audies…Solo Female Narration—And the Winner is……


Armchair Audies…Solo Female Narration—And the Winner is……


This was a tough category this year, we all know how fabulous all these ladies are and honestly I will be happy whoever wins because every one of these narrations is an award worthy performance


The nominees are:
SOLO NARRATION — FEMALE


Boston Jacky; by L.A. Meyer; Narrated by Katherine Kellgren; Listen & Live Audio, Inc.
Katherine Kellgren IS Jacky Faber she has made this series come to life for me and this offering is no exception every accent every voice is amazing. Every single voice is different and this book has a huge cast of characters.






Life Drawing; by Robin Black; Narrated by Cassandra Campbell; Penguin Random House Audio
Even though this book was not my cup of tea, Cassandra Campbell’s narration was really well done with different accents and every character had a different voice. Although I disliked the story itself Campbell’s narration was the only thing that kept me listening.





Murphy's Law; by Rhys Bowen; Narrated by Nicola Barber; Audible, Inc.
Nicola Barber’s narration is well done, she has many different accents in this book from Irish to American to a little Italian, and her male voices are also very good. I enjoyed her narration and I think it added to my enjoyment of this book.







Until the End of theWorld; by Sarah Lyons Fleming; Narrated by Julia Whelan; Podium Publishing
Julie Whelan’s narration is well done, I enjoyed her many female voices, however at times her male voices muddled together, especially when Nelly and John are talking and Nelly’s accent isn’t as pronounced I wasn’t sure which man was talking. I did enjoy her narration very much as I always do and love her regular talking voice, and the whininess of Anna was good and not overdone to be annoying, well any more annoying the character of Anna is!



Written in My Own Heart's Blood; by Diana Gabaldon; Narrated by Davina Porter; Recorded Books
Ahh Davina she is the voice of the Outlander Series and I have listened to every one of this series many times so this is a favorite and Davina Porter’s narration is as always amazing. So many accents and characters all with their own voice you never wonder who is speaking, and there is a lot of characters in this series!





Yellow Crocus; by Laila Ibrahim; Narrated by Bahni Turpin; Brilliance Publishing
I read this book in print back in 2012 and if I remember right I read it in Bahni’s voice so was very happy to listen to the real thing. Bahni Turpin’s narration was amazing; she is such a great narrator. Every character has their own voice and her male voices are great too.  She makes this story come to life and embodies every character and makes them real.


Now to pick a winner……That is really tough!

And the Winner is….

Katherine Kellgren for Boston Jacky, for not only this book but this entire series her narration is amazing so many different voices and accents from all over the world she is an amazing talent.


Good Luck to all Nominees!

No comments:

Post a Comment