Friday, January 25, 2013

Agatha Raisin and Vicious Vet by M. C. Beaton narrated by, Diana Bishop


Agatha Raisin and Vicious Vet by M. C. Beaton narrated by, Diana Bishop
Received from Audiobookjukebox Solid Gold Reviewer Program
Produced by, AudioGo

I haven’t read the first book in this series so I do think I was missing a little bit of background on Agatha, honestly I’m not sure what I thought of her, some things I learned about her in this book, she is looking for a man, she thinks every man should fall in love with her and she wants to wear a bikini. Now this last one had me confused because the narrator of this book sounded older and I’m not sure how old Agatha is supposed to be but certain things she does and says didn’t feel right for the voice narrating this audiobook.

Diana Bishop narrated this version and I enjoyed her voice and her cadence of the piece I’m just not sure if she sounded too old for Agatha or if I have Agatha’s age all wrong. But I wouldn’t hesitate to listen to this narrator again.

I liked how the Cotswold village was almost it’s own character and I did enjoy the very British feel of this one, I think if you are a fan of cozy mysteries and are a bit of an anglophile I think you will enjoy this series. There are some funny moments, and this is a cute little cozy in a series that I have been meaning to try, I did enjoy this and may read more of them in the future but it didn’t make me want to run out and get the next one immediately.

3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment